Got Questions? We've Got Answers
Unlike pressure washing, softwashing uses low-pressure pumps (softwashing uses about as much pressure as a regular garden hose) and a combination of biodegradable mildewcides, algaecides, and soaps that are custom-blended for your particular need. Softwashing is not only more effective, but it uses less water than power washing too!
Softwashing is the method recommended by most major insurers as well as the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturing Association (ARMA), so it won’t void your warranty!
Roof softwash process to remove lichen and green moss with the help of Mother Nature:
1. Apply a softwash solution to the roof. This solution is typically made up of water, a mild detergent, and an algaecide. It is important to use a softwash solution because it is gentle enough to avoid damaging the roof while still being effective at killing lichen and moss.
2. Allow the softwash solution to dwell on the roof for 15-30 minutes. This will give the algaecide time to kill the lichen and moss. ( you will notice the color change to tan/white color )
3. Rinse the roof with clean water or rain. This will remove the softwash solution and any dead lichen or moss.
4. Let Mother Nature do the rest. The dead lichen and moss will naturally loosen and fall off the roof over time. This process can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months, depending on the severity of the problem and the local climate..
How Mother Nature helps remove lichen and moss:
Lichen and moss are living organisms. When they are killed by a softwash solution, they start to break down and decompose. This process is accelerated by sunlight and rain.
Sunlight helps to break down the cell walls of the lichen and moss. Rain helps to wash away the dead cells and debris.
Over time, the dead lichen and moss will naturally loosen and fall off the roof. This process can be sped up by brushing the roof gently with a soft broom.
Benefits of using the roof softwash process:
- The roof softwash process is a safe and effective way to remove lichen and moss from your roof.
- It is gentle enough to avoid damaging the roof, even on delicate materials such as slate and tile.
- The roof softwash process is also environmentally friendly. The softwash solution is typically biodegradable and non-toxic.
If you have lichen and moss on your roof, the roof softwash process is a great option to consider. It is a safe, effective, and environmentally friendly way to clean your roof and restore its original appearance.
We ask a few questions and measure your property using state-of-the-art satellite measuring technology. This gives us precise square footage and linear footage so that we can provide the most accurate quote possible. On properties where this won’t work, we schedule a time to visit the property in person for quoting.
No. Pressure washing will dislodge materials that have been loosened by decomposition and aging, and it can damage roof shingles and tiles.
No. Just leave us access to the outdoor spigot, make sure that all doors and windows are tightly closed, and make sure that all pets are secured inside your home.
No. Every chemical that we use is 100% biodegradable and we take great care to pre-soak or cover all plants as needed, so you don’t have to worry about plant loss.
If your roof is badly stained, especially on the north side and in shaded areas, those “stains” are actually a type of algae (Gloeocapsa magma) that feeds on the limestone filler that is used to add weight to asphalt shingles.
In addition to being an eyesore, the root system of these algae dislodges the granules that protect and give color to your shingles and reduces the lifespan of your roof.
Usually. More often than not, you will see results within a few minutes but, if you have actively growing moss, it will take a couple of weeks for the treatment to reach the root system and few months to be clear of your roof.
Depending on environmental conditions and the number of trees in close proximity, your roof should remain free of black stains for 4 to 6 years after the treatment.
We recommend having your house or commercial property washed at least once per year. This provides consistent protection from algae, mold, and mildew and other contaminants.
Each job is unique so the time it takes to complete is dependent on many factors, such as the size of the surfaces being cleaned and the amount of buildup. If we see that it will take more than one visit we will notify you to make you aware. Rest assured, our technicians will work on your property until they deliver the best results possible.
Yes, absolutely! Washing the exterior of your home or commercial property can add up to $10,000 – $15,000 to the sale price, according to the National Association of Realtors. Exterior cleaning boosts your property’s curb appeal and helps it sell faster since it gives the impression of a well maintained property.
Yes, our cleansers are 100% biodegradable and our process is 100% safe for plants and animals when used correctly by our trained technicians.
You're In Good Hands!
We want you to know
We are committed to your happiness
Ready to restore The Look of your Home?
no obligations just a fast quote